THP Healthy Eating Guidelines
Getting your health back on track can be difficult, especially when there is so much information out there, how do you know what’s the right one?
Well, luckily for you, we’ve figured it out for you!
Getting back into shape just became a whole lot easier…
To keep it simple, follow this one rule:
‘If it’s made by nature, eat it; if it’s made by man, DON’T!’
EAT THESE FOODS
• Meats: Beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, pork, veal, kangaroo, deer, etc.
• Fish and Seafood: Salmon, trout, haddock, shrimp, shellfish, etc. Choose wild-caught if
• Eggs: Choose free-range, pastured or Omega-3 enriched eggs.
• Vegetables: Broccoli, kale, peppers, onions, carrots, tomatoes, etc.
• Fruits: Apples, oranges, pears, avocados, strawberries, blueberries and more.
• Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, macadamia nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds,
pumpkin seeds and more. Make sure they are raw and unsalted.
• Healthy Fats and Oils: Lard, tallow, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil and others.
Salt and Spices: Sea salt, Himalayan salt, garlic, turmeric, rosemary, etc. Make sure you read the label to ensure there are no other ingredients.
AVOID THESE FOODS
• Sugar and High Fructose Corn Syrup: Soft drinks, fruit juices, table sugar, candy, pastries, ice cream and many others.
• Grains: Includes breads and pastas, wheat, spelt, rye, barley, etc.
• Legumes: Beans, lentils and many more.
• Dairy: milk, commercial butter, yoghurt, cheese, etc.
• Vegetable Oils: Soybean oil, sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, corn oil, grapeseed oil,
safflower oil and others.
• Trans Fats: Found in margarine and various processed foods. Usually referred to as
“hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils.
• Artificial Sweeteners: Aspartame, Sucralose, Cyclamates, Saccharin, Acesulfame
Potassium. Use Stevia Leaf instead.
Highly Processed Foods: Everything labeled “diet” or “low-fat” or has many weird ingredients. Includes artificial meal replacements.
These are perfectly healthy – in small amounts!
Red Wine – a high quality red wine is high in antioxidants and beneficial nutrients.
Dark Chocolate – choose one that is 85% cacao (NOT COCOA) content, usually you will need to go to a health food store fir this.
WHAT TO DRINK
Water, Water and more Water – keep yourself hydrated throughout the day by drinking at least 2L of water. Add some freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice to spice it up. Only drink out of a stainless steel water bottle, or glass. If you can, get a water filter.
Tea – choose tea that comes in unbleached tea bags, green tea is great!
Coffee – very high in antioxidants and has some considerable health benefits. Make sure you choose an organic brand and obviously no milk or sugar!
SAMPLE MEAL PLAN
2 eggs ommlette with spinach, smoked salmon and spring onions + 1 handful of raw cashews
100g sliced steak with ¼ avocado + 1 handful of blueberries
Grilled chicken salad (baby spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, capcicum) with 1 tbs of balsamic vinaigrette + 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
½ carrot and 1 celery stalk (sliced thin) spread with1 tbs organic, raw nut butter
Baked fish with steamed veggies (bok choy, spinach, broccoli) with organic, unsalted butter and lemon
Now, this is only a sample meal plan and these are only general guidelines - for a more accurate and individualised nutrition plan, please check out our services or shoot us an emal: email@example.com